Located in the heart of Arundel town centre, this is a rare opportunity to simultaneously acquire the freehold interest of a substantial building and a working restaurant with a south facing courtyard garden and a two bedroom first floor apartment with south facing roof terrace. Belindas Tea Rooms is a well-established and profitable business that has been trading in Arundel for many years. The opportunity to purchase such a business in Arundel and be able to trade from day one rarely becomes available.
- 2 Bedroom First Floor Apartment With Roof Terrace
- Freehold Interest Of A Substantial Building
- Situated In The Heart Of Arundel
- South Facing Courtyard Garden Seating 30
- Successful Working Restaurant With Licence
- Trade from Day One
- OUR COMMENTS: Located in the beating heart of Arundel town centre, this is a rare opportunity to simultaneously acquire the freehold interest of a substantial 16th century building and a working restaurant.
- Belinda's Tea Rooms is a local day-time café-style restaurant that has traded in Arundel since 1960's. The trio of owner / directors acquired the business as management buyout in 2007 having worked the restaurant since 1999.
- The property itself is offered for sale with the Freehold Interest and is a Grade II listed building comprising a 2 bedroom first floor apartment, utility building, x 2 main kitchens, main restaurant area and courtyard garden. The main area is currently laid out with 12 tables (45 seats) and the rear courtyard garden with 10 tables (flexible seating numbers), the three kitchen areas are fully equipped for trade, and a further rear wing creates the storage room and both staff and customer WC's. This same wing connects the public car park to the courtyard via a secure and lockable passage.
- The apartment can be independently accessed via a door from the main street into the courtyard and then steps up to the first floor. The apartment is well suited for owner / manager use or a separate rent. Presently, the apartment is rented on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy at £815 PCM (which expires late March 2019).
- Both the apartment and the Tea Rooms are dated and would benefit from some investment. Belinda's Tea Rooms currently operate from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm everyday. As you can see from their website www.belindastearooms.com, this a traditional style business catering for local people and the many visitors that flock to Arundel every year.
- Rateable value: £21,250. This is not the amount payable. The rateable value is the figure used to calculate the rates.
- Annual turnover for the year ending 31st December 2017 is £260,000
- The business assets, inventory, equipment and good will are included in the sale.
- Further information is available upon request, please contact us for an informal chat.
- The opportunity is most suited to a buyer who intends to operate the restaurant business as a resident owner. It is entirely likely that the buyer will run the business in a similar fashion to the current sellers with no break in trade or significant additional expenditure once acquired, however, we think an enterprising restauranteur will see the value in adapting the business to include a full evening service. This will in our view require an improvement to the presentation of the main seating area and some menu development.
- We observe that finding a Freehold business with a day 1, turn-key working start of a well-established, and profitable business in Arundel is akin to Unicorn Hunting. If this is for you Don't delay.
- GROUND FLOOR TEAROOMS
- Dining Area: 26' 11" x 22' 3" (8.21m x 6.80m)
- Prep Room 13' 0" x 7' 1" (3.97m x 2.17m)
- Kitchen: 16' 7" x 9' 6" (5.06m x 2.90m)
- Prep Room 8' 5" x 7' 6" (2.59m x 2.30m)
- Store Room 7' 7" x 4' 7" (2.32m x 1.42m)
- Terrace 21' 10" x 21' 0" (6.67m x 6.42m)
- 1ST FLOOR 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT
- Roof Terrace: 17' 5" x 10' 6" (5.32m x 3.22m)
- Open Plan Kitchen/Living Room 23' 7" x 21' 6" (7.20m x 6.56m)
- Bathroom: 4' 10" x 11' 4" (1.49m x 3.47m)
- Bedroom 1: 16' 4" x 13' 0" (4.99m x 3.98m)
- Bedroom 2: 15' 10" x 11' 7" (4.83m x 3.55m)
You don't have any properties in your shortlist yet...
These particulars do not constitute part or all of an offer or contract. You should not rely on statements by Clarkes Estates in the particulars as being factually accurate. Clarkes Estates do not have authority to make representations about the property. The measurements shown are approximate only. Potential buyers are advised to recheck the measurements before committing to travel or any expense. Clarkes Estates have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and buyers should check the working condition of any appliances. Clarkes Estates have not sought to verify the legal title of the property and the buyers must obtain verification from their solicitor.Any reference to alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained.